CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

I Knew He Could Do It!

I went to see Ben on Saturday morning. I had a chance to ask the doctor some questions. HE told me that in his whole career he has only had one other baby besides Ben develop at such a rate and not have any types of set backs. (keep fingers crossed...knock on wood...etc) He thought Ben would be ok trying to nurse - or nuzzle for the first time as they call it. The nurses and the docs ll told me he probably wouldn't do much so don't get disappointed. He is still too little they said...I knew better. He latched on and did a great job! He lasted for just a little bit. It really tired him out. Then they gave him the rest of his feeding via gavage. He loved all of it! Little piggy!

Ben has been gaining an ounce a day the past couple days. He is now up to 2 lbs 5 oz. He needs to be at 3.5 lbs to go in a regular crib. Ben has been maintaining his own temperature pretty well but they want to keep him in an issolette so he doesn't burn any extra calories!

2 comments:

Mrs. Arbour said...

I am so happy to hear he's doing so well...and you started a blog!!!! YEAH - keep it up!! XOXOX

Two Peas in a Pod said...

Alicia,
I am also so happy to hear how well Ben is doing and how strong he is getting! What a fighter. I look forward to reading your blogs and keeping up with how the two of you are doing!
Pam